Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sneak peek

Just having it random isn’t really working so I decided to do a few series within the randomness.  I will try to post each at least once a month.

The first (which I’m working on now and should be up in the next few days) I call “new adventures”.  In each installment I will pick a TV show (live action or animated) that I would like to see come back (either as a continuation (like doctor who and more recently voltron) or as a reboot (like He-man, TMNT and most recently Thundercats).  I’ll say which I would prefer (continuation or reboot) and how I would do each.  I was going to do it in order first by genre then by premier date but in researching my first genre (American cartoons) I found so many that It would be well over a year before I got to another genre so now (in the spirit of this blog) I’m doing it in random order (though my first show dos fit in to American cartoons).

In picking the shows I decided on 4 rules.
1.  Must be fiction of some sort.  (no game shows, talk shows, reality shows, news, sports………………………)
2.  No shows based around celebrities.  (Reba, Roseanne, everybody loves Raymond, Jackie Chan adventures)
3.  Must have had no franchise activity in the last 10 years.  (no new episodes, spin-offs or movies. If there was a spin-off it too must have aired its last episode at least 10 years ago.)
4.  I intentionally avoided shows based on marvel and dc comics.  (sorry my fellow comic geeks, while I would really like to see a new justice league show set shortly after “epilog” I won’t be writing about that because it brakes 2 of my rules,)

In the second (which I have yet to name (open to suggestions)) I will be recommending movies I like and giving a brief (spoiler light) review.  It will mostly be older movies (though I may do a few that are in the theater at the time) and I’ll try to do them while they are on netflix instant.

And lastly (for now) is cool stuff, in each installment I’ll highlight 5 things I think are cool or funny (the majority will be youtube videos and pics from deviant art).
I’ll still be doing random stuff in between and may come up with more series latter but for now this is what I’m working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment