Friday, September 2, 2011

How do you define a cult?

    Kind of a funny (and true) story.  Back when spider-man 2 first came out I went to an afternoon showing on opening day by my self.  I was waiting for the previews to start and a group of people sitting behind me were having a conversation I couldn’t help at least half hearing.  I don’t remember what prompted the question but one of them asked “well how do you define a cult?”, without thinking I blurted out “what the big congregation calls the little congregation” and they all laughed but at least to some degree agreed with me.

    A few years latter I was attending the live oak experiential church (a nice little place with a unique view and a belief in respecting and studying all religions) and realized that by my own definition I was in a cult.  A cult by my definition wasn’t a bad thing so to me that was just funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment